Drake Talks Relationship with Rihanna at MTV VMAs: 'She's Someone I've Been in Love with Since I Was 22 Years Old'

Drake Talks Relationship with Rihanna at MTV VMAs: 'She's Someone I've Been in Love with Since I Was 22 Years Old'

Drake might not have been at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards to acknowledge the recompense for his music video "Hotline Bling" – however he was there to give supposed sweetheart Rihanna the year's Video Vanguard Award.


"She's somebody I've been infatuated with since I was 22 years of age," he said, before grasping Rihanna with a kiss. "She's one of my closest companions on the planet. She's a living breathing legend in our industry."

Astonishing the 28-year-old vocalist with the top grant after her record four exhibitions, Drake reviewed initially meeting Robyn "Rihanna" Fenty in 2005 at a Toronto burger joint – where she shot the music video for her presentation single "Pon de Replay."

Helmed by Director X, the pair would collaborate years after the fact for February's "Work" music video. In any case, in Drake's eyes, Rihanna's achievements are not about as stunning as the individual that she may be.



"What's most noteworthy isn't the perpetuation of details, honors and achievements – what's most amazing is the individual," the 29-year-old rapper clarified. "She succeeds by being something in which nobody in this industry does which is by acting naturally – the same young lady from Barbados encompassed by the same companions. We adore the recordings which change their imaginative vision from year to year. However, above all else we adore the lady who hasn't changed from the very first moment."

Rihanna then took to the mic to acknowledge her recompense and talk about the "astonishing minute in my profession".

When I consider the Video Vanguard Award and accepting this today evening time, everything I can consider is my nation," the Barbadian said. "They're going to be so glad. This is the principal Vanguard to arrive anyplace near my nation."

She opened up about her profession, saying that it's in regards to more than just herself.

"My prosperity... it began as my fantasy, and now my prosperity is not my own," she admitted. "It's my family's, it's my fans', it's my country's, it's the Caribbean's all in all, it's ladies' – I need to thank you all to support me again and again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity News-Showbiz Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Blogger Templates20